The Building Survey is a level three survey and the most detailed condition survey available. It is designed to provide the purchaser with an in depth view of all the defects relating to the construction and condition of the property. The report will provide advice on all visible defects and provide an assessment of the necessary recommended remedial works.
The Building Survey is designed for any residential property in any condition including complicated housing stock such as; older Period housing which has been the subject of substantial extension and alteration in the past. It is often most suitable to property which requires a level of maintenance and repair. The report is a bespoke product designed by the company and incorporates analysis, bullet points of the defects and remedial works advised alongside a photographic addendum of the defects raised within the report to enable a clearer understanding of the property. The report will;
- provide a detailed assessment of the fabric of the building inside and out
- provide a condition report outlining the main areas of concern to the property
- include technical advice on any problems found and the likely remedial works required to put them right
- highlight any serious problems such as beetle infestation or rising and penetrating dampness that might need further specialist advice
- detail maintenance advice and outline possible future defects
The Building Survey will provide a more detailed examination of the property in comparison with the RICS Homebuyer report. It will, as outlined, detail any significant defects with the property and provide advice on the necessary course of remedial works. The report can also be tailored to suit the individual client’s requirements.
For example, many people will be considering future extensions and alterations to the subject property. If the outline proposals are explained to us, a consideration of these can be made at the time of our inspection and general advice given on the proposed planned works and the overall feasibility of such changes to the property.
In order to better understand your requirements please feel free to contact The Wonnacott Partnership to discuss the potential purchase and the level of survey considered suitable for the specific property.